Tutoring jobs from home gives academic instruction to individuals or small groups outside of the classroom. The work includes students to improve their grades, understand difficult concepts, receive extra help to catch up with classroom lessons, prepare for college, and get ready for formal standardized examinations. Tutoring categories include math, science, social studies, English and foreign languages.
- Obtain the students through marketing and partnerships
- Help the students and support them in certain subjects or areas where they need improvement
- Support the students to develop independent study skills
- Observe and analyze students’ progress so the improvements can be made.
- Stay in touch with parents, teachers, or tutoring programs about student progress and concerns
- Complete reports and paperwork as needed.
Skills & Requirements
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Tech skills
- Minimum requirements are usually a four-year college degree.
- Tutors may require teaching experience either in the classroom or online.
- Need to be familiar with online teaching tools and an Internet-connected computer with either an external or built-in camera.