Online Proofreading Jobs – If you are going to launch a new website, publish a book or even post an article, you require to consider proofreading it first. Small grammatical errors and misspellings could make you look unprofessional and this is why here in Kittyjobs.com we would like to help you.
The key task of the proofreader is to edit the alignment, spaces, spelling, punctuation, type font and style, and other information. Learn what you’ll need to do in order to start your proofreading job.
Thank you for your interest in applying for an at-home proofreading Job with kittyjobs.com. We hire full-time and part-time proofreaders who demonstrate excellent proofreading and editing skills.
Kittyjobs team of talented experts has left behind the daily commute for the benefits of working efficiently. For some its about having a more flexible plan, or the choice to spend winter somewhere warm, or the quality of working with multiple clients.
As a business-class Proofreader, you will work for the small or big business partners with a wide range of jobs, helping them to succeed, and freeing them up to focus on developing their business.
WHAT IS PROOFREADING?
Proofreading is the process of reading a word document and correcting grammatical errors, including proper punctuation and removing spelling mistakes. A great freelance proofreader is detail-oriented, has the skill to correct spelling mistakes, spot typos, and can include proper punctuation to make the written document look professional and well thought out.
HOW MUCH DO PROOFREADERS EARN?
As a beginner proofreader, you can earn $5 to $10 per page. Editing Word Files and Checking for Spelling Mistakes and Grammatical Errors. But, after gain experience and become better at this time, you can charge $30 or even $50 per hour.
WHAT TOOLS DO I NEED?
Proofreading is one of the best online jobs It can be done from just about anywhere and on just about any device. You can work on your tablet if you wish. There are a few tools that may make your life simpler, however.
- Google Docs – Many online proofreading jobs are done via Google Docs which provides for a markup procedure and adding comments to an original document. Documents can also be shared quickly online.
- Dropbox is another excellent option for sharing a word or other documents with clients.
- Grammarly is an amazing online tool for spelling mistakes and spotting grammar. The free version will provide you to check social media and WordPress, but you will need a Premium account for Google Docs and Microsoft Office products. It’s a helpful tool, but it’s not a set of human eyes.
- McGraw-Hill’s Proofreading Handbook is a must-have for any professional proofreader. It provides excellent tips and tools to make your process and business run more efficiently.
YOU MUST BE HAVING
- Minimum 16 years old or above
- A Laptop or Desktop PC carrying reasonable Hardware Configuration
- Microsoft Office Installed on your working Personal computer
- Reliable Internet Connectivity (Broadband is preferable)
- A Mobile Phone.
YOU ARE A BEST CHOICE IF YOU HAVE
- Basic skills in proofreading.
- Good knowledge of internet-based applications.
- An ability to represent yourself before clients whenever needed.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to manage time efficiently to provide good results.
- Quick to learn and grasp new ideas/concepts.
SUBMISSION IS FREE